JULY IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
ANOTHER PROGRAMME STARTING NOVEMBER 18TH. PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org FOR DETAILS.
Bookings are now being accepted for a More Than Words programme for parents of children up to age 4 with Social Communication difficulties and/or Autism / ASD. This programme will run on Thursday mornings and is for a group of up to a maximum of 8 families, based anywhere in Ireland or the UK. The programme is run entirely via Zoom Pro. You have the opportunity to attend a free no-commitment information / Orientation session before you decide if you wish to take part (see below).
The aim of this programme is to help you to support your child’s progress. It has been devised by Hanen and there is much evidence to support this programme, which can be found on the Hanen website here. This programme can only be offered by a Hanen certified therapist. By the end of the programme you should be equipped with a range of practical tools and strategies to help your child’s social interaction, communication skills, and play skills progress to the next step. You will also gain an understanding of how to help your child beyond their current goals, which helps you to picture an overall plan moving forward, and adjust your child’s goals accordingly.
You can download a provisional programme schedule here. The programme consists of:
– A (free) Orientation parent-only group session on Thursday 8th July at 9.30am (approx. 2 hours) with important information that you will need to participate in the programme. This session involves an interactive powerpoint presentation. Following this session you can decide if you wish to take part in the programme. A deposit is due at this point to secure your place (see fees below).
– A Pre-Programme session, this is an individual appointment with you and your child in order to establish a baseline and discuss goals for the programme (1 hour approx.). If you do not have time on a weekday, this can be arranged after work or on a Saturday.
– A ‘Meet and Greet’ session on Thursday 12th August at 9.30am, where you get to informally meet the other parents involved (Up to 2 hours).
– 8 morning parent group sessions each lasting 2 hours 30 minutes approx. Starting Thursday 19th August at 9.30am, programme ends Thursday 4th November. Sometimes sessions may go overtime by 15 minutes depending on the topic covered.
– 3 daytime Video Feedback sessions throughout the programme. These sessions are individual appointments (not group) where you and your child are recorded interacting together and where you get to try out some of the strategies you have been learning about. You are coached through the session on various things to try. We immediately review the recording and form a plan together to apply the strategies we have been learning about in the parent group sessions into your every day routines. (Usually 1 to 1.5 hours). If you do not have time on a weekday, this can be arranged after work or on a Saturday. It is best if your other children are minded so that we can concentrate on you and your child during this session. It can also be helpful to have another person to act as cameraman.
– Opportunities to link with other parents with children with similar challenges through informal social sessions via Zoom ‘breakout’ rooms (to be arranged according to group needs).
– Fee: The fee for this Hanen More Than Words parent programme includes a deposit of €162.50 payable after the Orientation session, followed by one further payment of €487.50 on the day of session 4. You will be provided a receipt showing dates of each group session that you can use to claim with your health insurer. It is clients’ responsibility to check their health insurance policy cover for speech and language therapy costs. If you opt out after having committed to the programme by paying a deposit, a cancellation fee of 50% of the overall programme cost will apply.
– In order to participate in the programme, you must also purchase a copy of the ‘More Than Words’ book. You can access a downloadable version here, or a hard copy here. You are also free to access it via your own means. (A hard copy of the book is recommended.)
– Please contact Carolyn at email@example.com or call / text (089) 4034184 if you would like more information or to reserve your place at the next (free) Orientation session.
– There may be more than 8 families attending the Orientation, however a maximum of 8 places are available for this particular programme starting in July/August.
– Places for the programme are offered on a first come first served basis.
– Five participating families are required in order for this programme to go ahead.
– Future ‘More Than Words’ programmes will be offered in early 2022. A waiting list is already available for these later programmes if you would like to get in touch and request a place.