Bookings are now being accepted for a More Than Words programme for parents of children up to age 4 with Social Communication difficulties and/or Autism / ASD. This programme is for a group of up to 8 families, based anywhere in Ireland or the UK. It is run entirely via Zoom Pro. You have the opportunity to attend a free no-commitment information / Orientation evening before you decide if you wish to take part (see below).
The aim of this programme is to help you to support your child’s progress. It has been devised by Hanen and there is much evidence to support this programme, which can be found on the Hanen website here. This programme can only be offered by a Hanen trained therapist. By the end of the programme you should be equipped with a range of practical tools and strategies to help your child’s interaction, communication skills, and play skills progress to the next step. You will also gain an understanding of how to help your child beyond his current goals, which helps you to picture an overall plan moving forward, and adjust your child’s goals accordingly.
The programme consists of:
– A (free) Orientation evening parent group session on the 3rd June 2021 at 8pm (up to 2 hours) with important information that you will need to participate in the programme. This session involves an interactive powerpoint presentation. Following this session you can decide if you wish to take part in the programme. A deposit is due at this point to secure your place (see fees below).
– A Pre-Programme session, this is an individual daytime appointment with you and your child in order to establish a baseline and discuss goals for the programme (1 hour approx.).
– An evening ‘Meet and Greet’ session on 1st July, where you get to informally meet the other parents involved (Up to 2 hours) (Date to be confirmed).
– 8 evening weekly parent group sessions each lasting 2 hours and 45 minutes approx. Starting 5th July, programme ends 20th September 2021.
– 3 daytime Video Feedback sessions throughout the programme. These sessions are individual appointments (not group) where your child is recorded interacting. We immediately review the recording and work together to apply the strategies we have been learning about in the evening sessions into your every day routines. (Usually 1 to 1.5 hours)
– Opportunities to link with other parents with children with similar challenges through informal social evenings via Zoom ‘breakout’ rooms (to be arranged according to group needs).
– The fee for the Hanen More Than Words parent programme includes a deposit of €162.50 payable after the Orientation session, followed by 6 further payments of €81.25, payable on the day of each evening parent session from session 1 through to session 6. Some parents opt to pay in full. Receipts are provided that you can use to claim with your health insurer. It is clients’ responsibility to check their health insurance policy cover for speech and language therapy costs. If you opt out after having committed to the programme by paying a deposit, a cancellation fee of 50% of the overall programme cost will apply.
– In order to participate in the programme, you must also purchase a copy of the ‘More Than Words’ book. You can access a downloadable version here, or a hard copy here. You are also free to access it via your own means. (A hard copy of the book is recommended.)
Please contact Carolyn at email@example.com or call / text 0894034184 if you would like more information or to reserve your place at the next (free) Orientation evening on the 3rd June 2021 at 8pm. There may be more than 8 families attending the Orientation, however a maximum of 8 places are available for this particular programme starting in June. Places for the programme are offered on a first come first served basis from when you make initial contact with Carolyn. Further ‘More Than Words’ programmes will be offered in the Autumn and early 2022. A waiting list is already available for these later programmes.