The Speech Grove is a Speech and Language Therapy service run by Carolyn Webb, Senior Speech and Language Therapist. She graduated in 1990 from Trinity College Dublin. She is actively registered with CORU (Membership number: SL 015115).
Carolyn is currently only offering 3 month weekly Hanen parent programmes. Please check www.hanen.org for more details on the programs.
The More Than Words program is to help support and expand communication skills through fun, child led activities and play. Parents of autistic children and other neurodivergent children are welcome to apply by emailing Carolyn.
It Takes Two To Talk is a program designed for language enrichment with children who need support around their language skills, through child led fun play.
Carolyn has worked in a range of settings including:
- 3 years experience in Community Care SLT services with a general caseload
- 9 years experience as part of a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Team working with families of children with Autism (ASD), ADHD, emotional and behaviour challenges
- 1 year experience in a Preschool Language Unit for children with severe Language Disorder
- 7 years experience in a specialist Junior Language Class, working with children ranging from 5 to 9 years of age with Severe Developmental Language Disorder and/or Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia
- over 10 years experience working as a private practitioner
- Offering Hanen programs via Teletherapy since 2020
Carolyn regularly completes post graduate training and incorporates new tools in her therapy toolkit to keep up with new approaches, and evidence based practice, including:
- ShapecodingTM approach to Language Therapy (by Susan Ebbels, Moorehouse School, UK)
- Hanen training in 'More Than Words' and 'It Takes Two To Talk' parent training programmes
- DIRFloortime 101 training
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) for children with Autism
- Various approaches to speech sound therapy
- Cued Articulation - for use with children with Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia