The Speech Grove is a Speech and Language Therapy service run by Carolyn Webb, Senior Speech and Language Therapist. She graduated in 1990 from Trinity College Dublin. She is actively registered with CORU (Membership number: SL 015115).
Carolyn has recently authored the book 'A Parent's Guide To Early Communication' to be published in December 2023. There will soon be a 1:1 parent coaching package over a 7 week period called '7 Strategies' with limited places available to go hand in hand with the book - available Worldwide. This book and coaching package is suitable for any child who has yet to develop words or has a few words. It is also suitable for children who have challenges in interacting with others. Any parent enrolling in coaching will receive a free pdf copy of the book. Register your interest in the new coaching program HERE.
Carolyn is also offers 3 -6 month Hanen parent group training programs. Please check www.hanen.org for more details on the programs. See program details and fees HERE and register for a Free Upcoming Orientation / Information Zoom session HERE.
The More Than Words program is to help support and expand communication skills through fun, child led activities and play. Parents of autistic children and other neurodivergent and allistic children with communication challenges are welcome to register HERE for a free Orientation / Information 2.5 hour Zoom session.
It Takes Two To Talk is a program designed for language enrichment with children who need support around their language skills, through child led fun play. You can register for a free Orientation / Information 2 hour Zoom session HERE.
The Orientation is a no-commitment free Zoom session with information to enable families to see if this program is a good fit for them. Families decide after this session if they wish to go ahead with participating in the full program. All families must attend a free Orientation prior to coming on board any Hanen programs. Carolyn will also share information about the new '7 Strategies' coaching program during Orientation sessions.
Carolyn has worked in a range of settings including:
- 3 years experience in Community Care SLT services with a general caseload
- 9 years experience as part of a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Team working with families of children with Autism (ASD), ADHD, emotional and behaviour challenges
- 1 year experience in a Preschool Language Unit for children with severe Language Disorder
- 7 years experience in a specialist Junior Language Class, working with children ranging from 5 to 9 years of age with Severe Developmental Language Disorder and/or Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia
- over 10 years experience working as a private practitioner
- Offering Hanen programs via Teletherapy since 2020
Carolyn regularly completes post graduate training and incorporates new tools in her therapy toolkit to keep up with new approaches, and evidence based practice, including:
- ShapecodingTM approach to Language Therapy (by Susan Ebbels, Moorehouse School, UK)
- Hanen training in 'More Than Words' and 'It Takes Two To Talk' parent training programmes
- DIRFloortime 101 training
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) for children with Autism
- Various approaches to speech sound therapy
- Cued Articulation - for use with children with Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia